You can use this user control in your application for checking provided login name and password when using forms authentication in your WinForms applications. It provides the following features:
- Checking user's login name and password.
- Checking if the password is not expired and setting a new password if password has expired (optional) (it uses the ARWSSetPasswordCtrl user control).
ARWSLogonCtrl User Control
How It Works
- ARWSLogonCtrl is displayed (in your own form).
- User enters login name and password and clicks the "Log On" button.
- The control connects to the SecureAccess WebService (via instance of the ARWSClient object) and authenticates the user.
- Based on the results of the authentication, the control performs the following actions:
If the logon was successful it raises the
that can be handled in your application.
If the logon was successful but the password is expired, displays ARWSSetPasswordCtrl in a separate form and allows the user to change the password. Then it tries to logon again using the new password obtained from the ARWSSetPasswordCtrl. The new password is then available in the
- If the logon failed it displays an error message and raises the LogonFailed event that can be handled in your application.
- The result code of the authentication process is available in the AuthenticationResult property.
How to Use the ARWSLogonCtrl into Your Form
Please see chapter Using Secure Access WinForms Controls - ARWSLogonCtrl and ARWSSetPasswordCtrl for a step-by-step guide on using the ARWSLogonCtrl in your applications.